Saturday May 26th, 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm at Nourish,
Join Solara from Hatchet and Seed to explore what’s alive and edible this time of year in the garden. Hatchet & Seed is a local family-owned & operated ecological landscape business that specializes in creating landscapes that produce food, medicine and fodder; increase soil carbon; foster bio-diversity and absorb and store water. We are so blessed that our climate that allows us to grow nutritious and vibrant food all year long. With the right tools and planning you can do it too!
- In this exploratory afternoon, we will look at what is currently growing in the Nourish garden and how we are using the produce in the restaurant.
- We'll cover what to seed this time of year, how to grow heat-loving crops such as tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, and peppers.
- You will learn strategies and techniques for growing food in raised beds as well as in the ground, irrigation for small-scale growing, and how to protect your garden from heat and pests.
- Ask Solara for specific advice on what you may struggle with in your garden at this time of year.
- Spend some time in our beautiful, productive urban edible garden and get inspired to grow your own food!
Yummy garden-inspired snacks and drinks will be provided by Nourish.
Single ticket $45.00 each
Pair of tickets for $80.00